(page 1 of 5)
Welcome to Cooperation Humboldt's virtual home. We're so happy you're here, and grateful that you're taking the time to learn more about who we are, what we believe, and what we do! The next few pages will guide you through the basic framework and belief system of our organization.
Cooperation Humboldt helps to build a solidarity economy on California’s North Coast, empowering residents to meet their collective needs in harmony with nature, without exploiting anyone.
What We Believe
- Our current institutions are fundamentally racist, sexist, and class oppressive. This is a result of social, political and economic systems that incentivize domination and exploitation of women, people of color, and poor, homeless, disabled, queer, undocumented, and Indigenous people.
- Capitalism is an economic system based upon exploitation and oppression, and it will destroy the planet if we do not shift to a cooperative and sustainable economic system.
- It is possible to create new institutions that incentivize cooperation, love, compassion and kindness. This new system will be capable of supporting every person with a good quality of life.
- We lift up and support groups that are doing grassroots organizing with working class people and people of color, who are training organizers and building long term strategies to resist fascism and create new models for a joyous and collaborative new future reality.
- We can work with you (or your organization) even if you do not believe these things, but we want to be explicit and clear about who we are and what we believe.