Cooperation Humboldt’s Community Food Guide (CFG) is an annual publication that actively promotes access, equity, education, and empowerment in relation to our local food system.
Our priorities include the following:
- Presenting useful and empowering information about growing and consuming locally produced food in a format that is fun and easy to understand.
- Proactively soliciting input from under-served/under-resourced populations and working to make the CFG more useful to them. (This is with knowledge that access to nutritious and culturally appropriate food sets a necessary foundation for all aspects of personal and communal wellness.)
- Centering the cultural knowledge, lived experiences, and wisdom of the original inhabitants of this land with respect to our relationship with food and the natural world.
- Using the CFG to specifically support BIPOC-, Women-, and Queer-owned food businesses.
- Leveraging the CFG to strengthen and grow our local food system and to promote food sovereignty, localization, and non-corporatization of our food supply.
The Local Food Guide was launched in 2017 and published annually by Locally Delicious for four years. In 2020, Cooperation Humboldt agreed to take on production of the Guide and is now working on the current version which is expected to be published in March 2021.