Our vision is to transform Humboldt County into a regenerative community that can sustain human life and protect the planet as we face climate crises and/or natural disasters.
Our strategy to achieve this goal is to build systems that increase our ability to meet our own needs through a compassionate and regenerative lens. This resilience must be cultivated on multiple levels, from individual households, to neighborhood, cities, and finally bio-regions.
Any tactic we employ to achieve resilience and regeneration must be rooted in community, love, nature, and equity. Tactics may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Lawn conversions
- Fruit tree planting
- Mini gardens for low income folks
- Educational offerings around food cultivation
- Home scale solar (ideally with storage)
- Rainwater catchment, filtration, and storage
- Greywater systems
- Tiny homes as ADUs
- Tiny home villages
- Shared garden space/ community gardens
- Neighborhood microgrids
- Neighborhood circles
- Resilient Hubs