We facilitate ongoing study groups where we really "go deep" into the theory and practice of what it means to create a solidarity economy. We discuss essays, papers, zines, podcasts, and videos to gain a better understanding of how Cooperation Humboldt sees a path to make the world a better place with your help. It's meant to be fun and to stretch your perspective on a variety of topics. We would love to have you join an upcoming group to pursue this path of study. Become a part of our next cohort by emailing CoopHumEd@gmail.com.
Study Group Curriculum
- Solidarity Economy: Building an economy for people & planet, by Emily Kawano
- From Banks & Tanks to Cooperation & Caring: A Strategic Framework for a Just Transition, by Movement Generation
- De los Tanques y Bancos A la Cooperación y el Cuidado, by Movement Generation
- Race - The Power of an Illusion
- Jackson Rising: The Struggle for Economic Democracy and Black Self-Determination in Jackson, Mississippi, by Kali Akuno and Ajamu Nangwaya